Introducing the ALL NEW Velocita V1
Monday 13th August 2018
Velocita V1 - race bike
We are pleased to announce the launch of the Velocita V1 all round Race bike. Following the success of the Kronos R-9 we had many questions form customers all over the world if the Kronos was UCI legal for racing UCI sanctioned TT events. The simple answer is no. The frameset is so aero, its massive cross section in the head tube falls foul of the UCI rules. Of course it is perfect for all non UCI sanctioned races, such as UK and World Time Trial events, Triathlons & Ironman events.
So this got us thinking, then when our own Andy Jackson qualified for the UCI Gran Fondo world Chrono TT in Italy, by winning the Denmark event we knew we needed to act!
We hit the drawing board to review past designs we have worked on and we designed the VELOCITA V1. Simply to achieve ALL the great things the Kronos does - BUT to then meet the stringent UCI rules on frame dimensions.
What we have resulted in is the best amalgamation of high end aerodynamics, low weight and performance. Using the same UD Toray carbon fibre as the Kronos ensures the same ride quality and agility we know from that bike.
With Andy, we have researched the specific challenges of the Varese course, which is basically a Mountain Time Trial - straight up and straight down. This Velocita V1 has been designed exactly for that.
Recently Andy took to aero testing the bike and was pleased to report that the CDA (measure of aerodynamic drag) that he was able to achieve was on line with what he has achieved on his Kronos R-9 - Job done!
So what is so special?
Here is the FULL spec:
- Velocita V1 frameset in custom colours size 56cm (head tube)
- Shimano Ultegra R8050 Di2 groupset
- 172.5mm cranks and 11-32 Ultegra cassette
- Wolfchains coated Dura Ace chain
- Fibre-lyte 60-46 custom carbon chainrings
- Ceramicspeed Bottom Bracket & over sized pulley wheel system
- Aerocoach Aeox disc with custom decals & 100mm front wheel
- Vittoria Corsa Speed G+ tyres
- Aerocoach Align armrests (not pictured see pics on Facebook)
- ISM Adamo road saddle (*Specifically to enable Andy to achieve the UCI legal position)
- USE 40 degree carbon extensions
- Garmin Vector Power Pedals
- 76Projects custom Evo2Max Garmin holder
This bike is awesome! Full build as specified will retail for £6500. Build available from £3500
Custom Framesets from £2150 or Frameset as pictured from £1999
#defythedrag on the new Velocita V1